Friday, March 23, 2012

FULL CIRCLE

2HP

Well, I've come full circle with my 2HP experiment. 

Last night I did the same 40+ rep workout that I have repeated at different widths for a couple of weeks.  I realized I cannot make 56mm with my combination of inserts, so I skipped straight to 58mm.  My old standby. 

Not only did all the warm up reps feel incredible; I easily lifted the 155# which had stopped me in the previous workouts.  So I moved on to what would be a PR on my plates.  161#.  I clarify that because I have lifted 172 on Jedd's rig, and 178 on Adam's rig.  Around the time I pulled 178 at WSH, I had just hit 160# on my own plates at 58mm. 

So 161#.  I took three attempts.  They all came off the ground, the first one about 1/2 way up and the second two about 1/4 way up!  This confirms for me that I am unquestionably stronger at this 58mm width.  I feel I have given this enough attention that I can stop thinking about it for a while. 

Also, despite the 161# being a max effort--and I got them off the ground--and they were not successful lifts--that's usually the perfect recipe for a tear.  Which has been common problem for me at the 58mm width.  However, last night there were no tears!  I can't exactly explain why except that I did not "lose" the weight; I just had to set it down.  I attribute some of this to getting stronger at the other widths and that helped me avoid a total slip.  Which was also common for me. 

So here I am at 58mm.  Same as it ever was.  I would still like to play with 56mm and will probably cut another insert some rainy day to make that possible.  Otherwise it's time to do more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment