Sunday, October 9, 2011

World's Strongest Hands, Leg 3

I had a good day of lifting, despite being an injury-laden slug for the past month!  I am very happy with how I did.  Here are my results:
3rd place locally, Movement Minneapolis
4th place, 82.5kg weight class Worldwide
27th place, Open Class, Worldwide

EVENTS
Vulcan @ 20mm             Level 14 (PR)            29th Worldwide
Two Hands Pinch           172.95#                    40th Worldwide
GripTopz Shallow Hub   44.26# (PR)               29th Worldwide
GripTopz Stub                40.30#                      18th Worldwide

I think I got lucky in Leg 2 in that my final weights were perfect picks for my strength that day.  My strategy was sound for this Leg, but not surprising the polished strength was not there.  So I believe I did as well as I possible could have.  Very happy.  Missed L15 on the Vulcan, but I've never closed anything higher than L12 on my Wasp spring.  2HP was a huge PR last leg and to get over 170 again was encouraging.  I got 179 off the ground twice.  Shallow Hub was a huge surprise.  I had done a little training on a plate at home and was INCREDIBLY happy with an over 20k lift.  I got 47# off the ground.  Stub was just under my PR from Leg 2 which was 41# and change.  I got 43# off the ground twice and couldn't hold.  Still a great finish in this event.

Adam ran a smooth contest as usual.  My hands fared pretty well and actually feel better today than going into the contest.  Hmm...  This my have been just what I needed to get my butt moving again.  It's invigorating to compete and the guys and gals who show up for the Minneapolis location are fun and motivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment