Monday, November 2, 2009

The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking

My thumbs hate me. Not that I blame them after this workout, but I don't think they'd even help me hitch for a ride.

Tonight I set a new Rolling Thunder PR! I really feel good about this because you--Ye Faithful Follower--may know that I am Rolling Thunderly challenged. PRs are often infrequent and momentously insignificant. Not tonight, however. Tonight I am triumphant.
  • Gripper warm up, HG150 and #1
  • 70 x10
  • 105 x2 singles
  • 140 x1, came up pretty quickly, both hands
  • 145 x1, xNeg. I should mention that this is 145 in plates. I never count the pin and handle.
  • 120 x15, made it on the right, had to assist about 5 on the left.
  • Pony thumbs x3, brutal tonight.
I consider another 5 pounds to be a trouncing of my old PR.

When I hit my sesquicentennial I should celebrate with some egg nog.


3 comments:

  1. Congrats Matt!

    I can't pull crap on the RT either compared to other things. Thickbar, grippers, pinch....just that damn RT. I haven't touched it in about 3 months and am interested to see if I've got any carry over from all of this dynamic pinch and gripper work I've been doing lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Matt! I know how slowly the RT responded for me. I was at 181lbs for a few years with minimal training. Then last year with a bit of really focused training I pulled 225lbs once and then sold it, haha!

    ReplyDelete