Sunday, November 15, 2009

Damn technology!

I'm doing a gripper workout and having some beer and I just made a totally bonehead mistake. I was taking some videos of grippers I have not tried in a while, including the Vendetta 3. I KILLED this gripper tonight and got an excellent video. Instead of watching it, however, I deleted it. It was one of those things where you are thinking through what you're doing, but not thinking about what you're doing. There are about three steps to deleting a video, but I carried on like that is what I set out to do. Dammit. Then, of course, when I tried to just take another video, the battery light starts flashing on the camera. Dammit anyway.

One thing that did go well is that I pretty much breezed through most of the grippers I have. Up to my MM1 and the 164# Elite which are the hardest grippers I have right now.
  • HG150, #1, #2 warm up
  • T6 x1, easy these days.
  • BBGM 155# x1, went for a double and didn't quite get it.
  • Vendetta 3 x1, killed. Also calibrated this again for kicks and got 153 again which I believe is the true calibration of this gripper. The sweep is hard.
  • Filed BBGM x1, closed it for the first time. This is an adjustable gripper at 1/4" mount. I've never tried it except for at the end of a workout for negs. So I've never actually closed it until now. It's pretty easy at that setting. It's filed quite a bit.
  • MM1 replica x0, near miss, mostly due to the bicep issue mentioned below.
My biceps are feeling strained. I think I better rest until they feel better. I think it's from setting grippers, or the severe negs I did the other night left me a little more sore than I thought. They hurt right now.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, biceps are strained for sure. They actually kept me up a little last night and the second I hoisted up one of my kids today--they're on fire again. Time to rest :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks man. Hope you get better soon with the MM1 around the corner. I need you to soften it up a bit for me. Hahaha!

    My right bicep is still a little tweaky as well but it hasen't been to severe for about a week or so.

    Get well man,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jason! Today it's my left shoulder and lats that are EXTREMELY sore. This is weird. My shoulder feels shredded in the socket. I hope that gets better. Overall I'm not too concerned about the MM1. I believe this will all come together before then.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete