Friday, November 11, 2011

DECATHLON TOMORROW

Fall Decathlon is tomorrow, hosted at Adam Glass's gym The Movement in Plymouth.

I am most excited to meet Ben Edwards who is traveling from Kansas to compete despite being injured.  Ben has been a good friend and a great help to me in this sport, but I've never managed to meet him!

As far as the contest, I'm nursing a couple of nagging issues and will simply bring my best tomorrow.  Any PRs or good performaces I will take as they come, but not expecting much.  I've actually got a shot to place pretty well because Adam Glass is also injured and can't compete.  I could take 2nd if Chris Mathison shows up.

I will be taking token lifts in the axle deadlift, 2" vbar, and plateau buster in order to protect my back.

Should be fun!

Last Decathlon in May, Ryan Pitts of StrongerGrip.com beat me by an incredibly narrow margin.  I would like to take him down.

1 comment:

  1. Matt,

    It was great to finally meet you! Competing with you was just the icing on the cake man. Congrats on the 158lb #3 close at the contest! That's a big contest PR. And even though you were nursing your back - your performances all around were quite strong!

    I owe you at least 10lbs on the Shallow Hub - thanks to your grip technique suggestion!

    ReplyDelete