Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MASH MONSTER

Things are going well. Last night was another one of "those" nights. I wasn't really planning a workout, but decided to do grippers and managed 5 out of 6 solid closes on my MM1 Replica. I almost crapped my pants!

Grippers
  • HG150 xbunch
  • #1 x3
  • #2 x2
  • HG300 x1
  • Adjustable BBGM x2 (I don't think I've tried to rep this before)
  • IM #3 x1, I've never had a #3 close feel so easy and solid
  • MM1 Replica, 6 attempts, closed, closed, closed, miss, closed, closed. VIDEO OF ATTEMPT #6

Most of the closes felt really good and solid. Attempt 6 almost ripped the callous off my palm. This is a replica that I bought directly from Warren and the handles are pinned, not adjustable. I've had it for a while and have never been closer than about 1/8". The calibration was 158#. Knurling is friggin sharp.

I am currently signed up for the MM1 at the Gripboard, but probably won't get my turn until July or August because of the roster ahead of me. But now I have no doubt I will be ready by then.

I can't say enough about the difference it has made to give more focus to all-around hand strength. I am positive my gripper PRs are the result of my pinch, RT and wrist workouts. That and some good-ole-fashioned hard work!


4 comments:

  1. Matt,

    Looks good! Ouch!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, you've made some great progress lately. I agree that your increased focus on the RT, pinch, open-hand and wrist strength has helped a lot. Congratulations and keep up the great work-very nice blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete