Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Out like a lion!

Okay, that's supposed to be March, but April went out like a lion with this pinch workout. My dear friend Greg Griffin will be sad to hear that, in a vulgar display of power, I dominated 2x35s tonight! We were quietly racing to complete the lift. Thanks for the motivation, Greg!

PINCH
  • 2HP warmup, 75 x5
  • 2x35s attempts x6. Hovered attempts 1, 3, and 5, locked out attempt 4 and had a nice hold at the top. Only got the full lift with my left, which has always been stronger on pinch.
  • 2HP, 125, 145. The 125 lift really tore my thumbs. It must have slipped or something.
  • Pinch block, 45 x3, 55x1
  • Pinch block, ~10sec holds, 55x1, 55x1
  • Pony Thumbs x5
I hit the pony clamp harder than usual because I did cut the rest of the pinch workout short because of my torn thumbs. Big time pump on the thumb pad. Enough to make my wife say, "Your thumbs make me want to vomit."

1 comment: