Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2HP upkeep and workout

2HP @ 49mm
115 x 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1
Total: 19

Pony Thumbs
3 sets

>>>  Well, I cleaned my plates last night. Took them all the way back down to original factory-fresh smooth shiny finish.

It was immediately apparent to me that the build-up and rust and whatever else stuck on there is not good. The fresh finish held just a touch of chalk and I clapped excess off my hands. This felt great. Really grippy.

I think the only difference between when they first arrived and the setup last night is that any oil on the plates was gone. When they arrived there was an oily residue on them from the manufacturing process and that is definitely stripped off now. Which would have happened anyway if I just would have been patient.

>>> I went wider again on the 2HP.  I feel like my fingers kind of lock on better at 48-49mm and will probably stick with this for the next couple of workouts.  Cut the workout short because it was late and I spent so much time re-finishing the plates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment