Monday, June 8, 2009

BIG WORKOUT

Big workout with Luke last night! When I was leaving, I made a comment to my wife, "How long could we possibly work out?" Apparently the answer is slightly over 2 hours!

We started with grippers and then pinch. My only goal on grippers was to close my 2005 #3, which I have never shut. The calibration for this gripper is crazy. It has gone as high as 163 and as low as 150. It's been calibrated by three different people; Luke, Acorn, and me. The frequency of oiling seems to make the most difference, but there is no clear reason for the difference in numbers. It has a hard sweep and about a 2-7/8 spread. Last night, I finally won! This gripper went down like a spectacular flaming meteor. It's not a PR, but just as exciting because it eluded me for so long. I intend to calibrate it again when I get home tonight to see where it stands right now. I will also post the video.

Otherwise, we blasted pinch and revolving handle lifts. I didn't write everything down, so here are the highlights I can remember:
  • 2005 #3 closed!
  • 2x35s came up again, both hands.
  • Made about 5 attempts at 5x10s and it was not meant to be.
  • Worked up to 147# on 2HP and broke 160# off the floor. That would have been a PR.
  • Did 3 ten second holds with 120-130#. Brutal.
  • Worked up to 135-140ish on Luke's 2" revolving stainless steel handle.
  • 15 reps at 115# on the 2" stainless handle. Ouch.
  • 15 reps at 105# on the 2" stainless handle.
  • TTK using the same method as on my Pony Thumbs.
Having a workout partner really makes a difference. I left nothing in the tank and I have a hard time getting to that point by myself. Thanks, Luke!

Video footage of the #3 close to come.

1 comment:

  1. That was a killer workout. My hands are still fried!


    -Luke

    ReplyDelete