Monday, June 15, 2009

GAP to Offer "Confidence"

...no kids, your favorite store is not selling a new fragerance. Put away your wallets.

I took another shot at the 164# BBE tonight and was left with what I decided was a 1/8" gap. This was measured by the very exact science of resizing the photo on my computer until the gripper handle measured 3/4", then I measured the gap on the screen. Exactly 1/8".

It's an approachable gap, I believe. Close enough to get into the powerful range of motion and really feel like I'm clamping down on the gripper. As if the slightest increase in strength or speed could topple the sticking point and keep the handle moving. Explosive speed is something I need to work on anyway. Maybe time to do some chokers next workout?

For your viewing pleasure; the GAP:















Tonight's workout:

  • HG150 warm up
  • #1 x singles
  • #2 x singles
  • T6 x2 singles
  • MM1 x1, it was nice to close this again proving my previous success was not a fluke.
  • BBE attempts x2, forced in
  • MM1 x1, could have been a miss. Let's call it a miss.
  • Double-filed BBSM, x1, forced in for a negative crush
  • Filed BBGM negative crush x3, brutal
  • Filed #2 reps x4, x8
  • Pony thumbs x3 sets, added another rubber band, wrapped in triplicate.
Overall, a good workout. Everything felt really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment