Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The time has come!

It appears that I am next for the MM1 cert! I am through the roof excited about this. I had a workout scheduled for tonight anyway so I did a test run with my MM1 replica. I wrapped it up, and boxed it up and everything so I could warm up, open the box on camera, and take 3 attempts. I'm glad I did this because it helped me get set up and learn about what I would want nearby, etc. The video turned out great. Right now that's the best news.

Of the three attempts I took, the first was the best. I included a still of the set and close below. The second and third attempts were clear misses. Everything felt good and I actually would have said they were closed. The misses were paper thin. Just enough to see that it wasn't actually closed. I think I would have passed on the first attempt, but it was not a convincing close. I do hope to do better on cert day.
  • HG150 x10
  • #1 x10
  • #2 x3 singles
  • 5/8" SM x1
  • MM1 replica x3 attempts, 1st possibly closed, 2nd and 3rd clear misses
  • 5/8" SM x5 attempts, forced in and held
I was starting to lose some skin so I called it quits. My MM1 replica and the 5/8" SM have nasty sharp knurling.

Overall, I feel good about this. I can now take Luke's advice to eat like a pig and rest up. I believe I am prepared and will be successful for at least one attempt on cert day. Add some nerves to the mix and I think the job will be done.

I am ready. I am ready. I am ready.

1st attempt set:













Close. It was a brief, quick close. No hold like I've been able to do in the past.

1 comment: