Monday, August 31, 2009

PINCH -- on Monday

I've been meaning to log this pinch workout for two days. What a great workout!

First, I'd like to say that I've posted a few times at the GripBoard that I'm not positive it's possible to change your hands much. People talk about their hands getting thicker, etc, and I've always rolled my eyes and thought, "yeah right." I have to admit that I've noticed some changes in my hands. Most noticeably with my thumb pad, the back of my hand between my thumb and index, and on the pinky side of my palm where you would karate chop. Which makes sense because these are the biggest muscles on the hands in the first place.

What made me think of this is that after this pinch workout, I couldn't even recognize my hand as my own. It looked like a Frankenstein's monster hand attached to my stick arm. I showed my wife and she only said, "Eww, that's disgusting!" Heh, perfect. I may have to change my opinion about adding thickness over time. It seems to be happening.

  • 2hp, 70# warmup
  • 90 x2 reps
  • 120 x3 singles
  • 140 x1, felt heavy
  • 150 x0, about a 1/2 pull
  • 120 x6 reps
  • 1hp wood block, 55 x10 reps, 65 x10 reps. The second set was a struggle.
  • Pony Thumbs x3, added another rubberband wrapped around in triplicate. This is what finished off my thumbs! Holy cow. Good resistance with the added band.

No comments:

Post a Comment