Thursday, July 30, 2009

Meet up

Met with Mike (helterbot) tonight. He came over to pick up a gripper I sold him, and also brought some grippers to calibrate. Messed around with some grippers and was able to close his 154lb #3 which felt nice because my max crush has been off lately. Great guy, and he brought a Baseline Dyno that was fun. I think I pulled 190 or something.

I'm also checking my blog here to see what I did in the weeks prior to May 6, which was the day I had an excellent workout and closed my MM1 replica 5 out of 6 tries. I figure I've got maybe 2-3 weeks for my shot at the certification.

Here is how it broke down:

April 18 - Grippers
6 days rest
April 25 - Grippers (BBGM PR close)
3 days rest
April 29 - Pinch workout
6 days of rest
May 6 - MM1 closed

Luke has recommended that I don't do another pinch workout prior to the certification. From looking at this, I think the important thing is that I get 6 days rest to be in top form. So, starting from today, I am going to do a grip workout every 6 days until it's time to certify. I'll probably do a RT workout this weekend, though, since I've got probably 2 weeks to figure this out. Then a grip workout on the 5th, and again on the 12th. Hopefully it works out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying following your workouts even if I don't recognize all the work. I suppose I can find them if I google them?

    /sk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Matt, I love reading your blog. I have no doubt you'll crush the MM1. Good luck and get 'er done bud!

    ReplyDelete