Monday, July 13, 2009

I Heart The BLOB.

I finished my deloader last night, which is a dream to use. It's based on cemery's idea using two pulleys hanging from the ceiling. The only difference is that I used the lat pulldown part of my rack. Since it's a compound pulley system there is not a pound-for-pound offset. For example, I put 70# on the weight carriage and it didn't lift the BLOB off the floor.

Of course I had to goof with this last night and--with no real warm up and still feeling my previous RT workout--I got a full lift with only 40# on the carriage.

I'm not sure what that means, except that obviously the goal is to work toward zero pounds on the carriage. The assistance is such that 5# is barely noticable. 10# is noticable.

I think what I will have to do is keep adding weight to the carriage until it elevates the BLOB. Whatever weight breaks it off the ground will be 100%. Let's say it's 85#. Then possibly I can consider 40# on the carriage a 47% deload?

It was also good to finally fiddle with my hand position. I think I found a good spot and my guess is that fresh I will be good for only 30# on the deloader.

No comments:

Post a Comment