Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crazy workout

Went to Luke's today for a workout. Hoped Brouse could make it too, but he was not able. Maybe another time. As has been the trend, I didn't set any PRs at Luke's! Oh well, it was a good workout.

First, I just want to talk about my new favorite grip toy. I got 3 new grippers with the 5/8" handles. BBSM, GM and E. I really like the feel of these grippers. They fit my hand better than normal grippers. I also like the fact that they train BTR. They also seem easier to set. They have nasty sharp knurling. The close is tough. I could close the SM, but the GM is a good step up. I see myself training with these quite a bit! These are SWEEEET grippers.

Otherwise, did lots of stuff. Didn't write any of it down, but here's a shot:
  • Warmed up with a bunch of no set singles with the #1 and #2.
  • Took about 5 attempts at 5x10s. I got movement once, but for the most part it wasn't happening. I thought my recent blob work would have put me over the edge on this. Video below.
  • 2HP: 80x1, 120x1, 130x1, 150x1, 160x0x2, Got some movement on the 2nd attempt of 160, but lost it. Minor skin tear to go along.
  • Grippers: 5/8" SM xbunch, 5/8" GM x0, MM1 x0, #3 x0. I was a bit torched from previous stuff.
  • Wrist roller, 25#, 3 trips forward, 3 trips backward. Forearms were going to expload.
There are probably a few other things I can't remember. I'm fried. MM1 in a few weeks, probably. Maybe as little as 2-4. Max crush has been off so hopefully I can bring that back.



No comments:

Post a Comment