Friday, October 2, 2009

Pincher

The same three Red-Baron-looking planes fly in formation over my house every night. Where the hell are they going? I honestly get the feeling they are looking for trouble.

The big news tonight is with the BLOB50! I finally got a new PR on the deloader. For those of you just joining us, I rigged up my lat pulldown so that it would remove weight from the blob. I first tried to see how much weight would balance with the blob and it was about 82.5 pounds. It didn't seem very precise. Then I can express the amount of weight used to deload as a percentage of the total weight. My previous best was 20 pounds, or -24%.
  • 2HP 70# x warm up
  • 1HP 70# plus pipe x1, pipe probably weighs 2-3 pounds.
  • BLOB50
  • -30% x1
  • -18% x0, x0, x0 movement, x1 (PR), x0 turned into a negative
  • Wooden Pinch Block (same thickness as two plates)
  • 60# x5, x8, only made 5 on the left (have done 65 x10 before...)
  • Pony thumbs x3
Overall a decent workout! It's great to make progress on the BLOB50. I also believe that my deload is not a linear scale. 15 lbs really does not feel like much help, despite being 18% of the entire weight. Pony clamp is a bear these days. It kind of looks like a rubber band mummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment