Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grip and Cardio

P90X
Plyometrics

V-BAR
warm up
166 x2
191 x1
216 xAir, x0, x1 (PR!)
221 xAir, x0 (VIDEO)
191 x3

Grip
3.5 attempts x2, both misses around 1/4"
Vulcan, Right L10x4, L7x5
Vulcan, Left L10x5, L7x5
Grip Machine, 160 x10, x10

>>> P90 Plyo felt easy. Usually my legs feel pretty heavy about 15mins in, but I was still rockin at the end.

V-bar I got a PR with 216. It was a nice high pull. Of course it was about the only attempt I didn't video because I got air the first time, then nothing on the 2nd attempt so I wasn't expecting much. But I adjusted my grip to get more behind the bar to start and it came right up!

Grippers could have been better if I didn't do v-bar first. I am okay with the 1/4" miss on the #3.5. Mostly because I was able to set and sweep it just fine. The crush will get there. 1/4" is a big gap, though. Nothing hard work can't close!

3 comments:

  1. Very solid work on the 2" vbar and the #3.5 attempt! Have you rated the #3.5 yet? I bet if you got one that is in the high 160s you'd be closing it soon - or immediately. Then you can look for one in the mid-170s, like the one I traded to John Eaton.

    Also added you to my blogroll!

    Ben Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, just saw the rating on your #3.5. That's a sought-after gripper in that range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Ben! Yeah I oiled that #3.5 and double-checked the rating when I got it back from Luke. Got 169.01.

    ReplyDelete