Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hello Again!

I've decided to reopen this blog so I can post my training, both grip and otherwise. Any comments from anyone are welcome!

I updated my PRs on the right. Finally got that 164# BBE closed and next stop is my #3.5. RGC rating on that is 169-170. It will be a tough gap to close. I will post a status-quo on that as soon as it arrives back in the mail from my buddy Luke.

Up to 160# on the 2HP, but no progress on that for a long time. I am in the process of making an official 2HP device and hope to PR right away just by pinching at the proper width. 2x35s are way too wide for me to be ideal. I should be around 45mm and the 2x35s are about 53mm.

Also new PR listings for 20mm Vulcan and 2" v-bar. I will post videos on those for subsequent PRs. If I could set the Vulcan better, my PR would go way up. I'll have to work on that!

Currently I'm training grippers pretty heavily, about twice per week. For general fitness, I am doing modified P90X workouts. I did the program as written from Nov 2010 to Jan 2011. I got pretty good results. I have since modified the workouts to be a little shorter and also cut out two workouts. The end result is four 1-hour workouts per week. If you follow the program exactly it's six workouts and most are about 1-1/2 hour. I think when I finish this round (I'm only in week 2) I will finally have a responsibly built foundation to try and work with heavier weights and try to add a little more power.

So here we go.

3 comments:

  1. Very good to see that you've reopened your training blog Matt! I was a faithful reader and will be again. You've made some excellent progress over the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed you fired up again as well. Right on bud! I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete