Monday, January 9, 2012

NEW PINCH GOAL - 120% BODYWEIGHT LIFT

Weighed myself at the gym again today and down to 152 pounds! That’s the lightest I’ve been since I came through that weight growing up.

So now I’m wondering if I need to hit the panic button?

My goal here was to trim body fat and I’ve certainly done that. I have not reached my physique goal--which is admittedly intangible--but I’m basing my satisfaction of this goal on what’s in the mirror. I’m likely sitting at 10-11% body fat right now.

The 152 bodyweight is also coming off this past weekend where I didn’t change WHAT I was eating, but I was more generous with portions in the spirit of recovery.

For the next couple of weeks, I think I am going to up my protein intake and see what happens. I’m worried about losing muscle at this point even though I have no evidence that is happening. Any lift I train is improving in my EDT workouts.

In other news, I have a new primary 2HP goal. This nifty list was just started at David Horne’s site.
>>>LINK<<<

I am currently training pinch harder and with more purpose than I ever have in my life. A 3 pound PR at my current bodyweight would be a 120% bodyweight lift. I’d like to take first place on that list. I feel it represents my current goals. Owning my body type and being as strong as possible with what I’ve got!

4 comments:

  1. Matt,

    first off, excellent goals as far as pinch is concerned! On a different note, what is your diet approach at this point in time? Are the density workouts you perform based off or similar to cross fit type workouts? Generally curious :)

    Matt H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now my diet approach is simple. I'm not tracking calories or macronutrients or anything. No gluten, no dairy, no fruit, no sugar treats, no junk. Just trying to eat as clean and balanced as possible. Protein at every meal, 4-5 meals a day, I'm usually hungry for each meal. This is the advice I received from Bill Piche and it's working really well.

    The EDT training is the brainchild of Charles Staley. He has a book out, but also writes articles for T-Nation and essentially gives away the info for free. I've never done crossfit so I'm not sure how it compares. You can read about it here: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/escalating_density_training;jsessionid=5AD25FC3017C3C98EF05A1B9A639AEB8-mcd01.hydra

    ReplyDelete
  3. That link sucks. Just google "t-nation staley edt" and it's the first result.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I also follow some of the same nutrition guide lines.. zero dairy, zero gluten... but I include a good amount of fruit, I keep added sugar as low as possible but I do consume an ample amount of gluten free carbs to aid in recovery.

    I guess dropping the fruit would do the trick in weight loss but like in the past, always afraid of losing strength in core areas such as squat, dead lift etc.

    Staley is great and I am familiar with his training ideas... I will check this out! Thanks Matt.

    ReplyDelete