Thursday, January 5, 2012

PINCH PULL UPS

Here is my pinch and thick bar pull up rig:

















And here is a video of how I have to train pinch pull ups right now.  I can't quite hang on them yet unassisted, so I've been doing sets of assisted by lifting with a leg.  It's most taxing at the bottom of each rep where the leg is the least help.  Training this way is helping me get used to the motion and is still very taxing on pinch strength.  I usually do about 5 sets of 5 this way on my pinch days (twice per week right now).  Here is the video, during a G'n'R guitar solo no less that happened to be on the radio ;)


2 comments:

  1. I have a pullup bar very much like that in my basement. need to get some pinch attachments though...

    have you worked the rafter pull ups at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brent! I guess I'm using rafter and pinch pull up to mean the same. The pinch pull ups I've just begun training as in the video. I don't have acceptable rafters in my basement, but once I can do some legit reps on the pinch blocks, I assume a rafter pull up would be possible as well?

    ReplyDelete