Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TIME TO LIFT HEAVIER

Weight has been holding right at 150# despite the fact that I not depriving myself of any clean eating urges. For the first time I had to drop the balance on the medical scale to 100# and double check that I was not in the 140s! I have absolutely no desire to weigh 140-anything, but still have some body fat on the mid section that I would like to lose. Not much, mind you, but it is there.

So I have switched my workouts to try and balance this a little. For the past 8-12 weeks I’ve been doing EDT workouts which have been extremely effective in stripping fat while increasing strength. For a few weeks I am going to use increasingly heavy weights with decreasing reps in the 6-10 range. If fat loss stalls for a few weeks, that’s fine. I’ll be looking to gain a little size and brute strength (although nothing I do should be called “brute”).

Core workouts are still 3 times every week.

In gripping news, I’ve got a bunch of grippers from Adam Glass to rate, including some GHP grippers. I played with them last weekend and had a great attempt on the Level 7, which Wade felt was inconclusive for a good close. I agree, it’s hard to tell. I will hit a good reps-based workout tonight and then rest grippers until Sunday and try again. I’ll probably postpone my next pinch workout until that day as well. I’ll post the rating for the Level 7 as soon as possible. My guess is that it’s 156. The video of my GHP attempts from last week is below.

Finally, I’m looking for gripsters to follow on Twitter. My username is @GRIPMASH. Give me a shout.




No comments:

Post a Comment