Sunday, July 24, 2011

BENCH

Warm up
Push ups, 3x20

Working set
3x135
3x140
9x155 (est 1RM 201)

Assistance
Bench 4x10x115
Chair dips 4x10

Grippers
HG150 warm up
#2 x10
L7 x1, L10 x1, L11 miss
BBSM, 3 sets, RH x2, LH x1
L7, 3x10

Mandatory
Blob drags x10 (both hands)
GHR negs x10

>>> Really happy with the last set of bench.  Felt good and may have had another with a spot, but didn't want to risk it without. 

Blob drags are improving and I feel like my grip on the weight is better.  Pretty soon I might be able to drag it toward my thumb.  Right now I can only drag it toward my fingers. 

My Vulcan numbers are going to SUCK for WSH.  I'm still trying to sort out setting this thing.  Now it sounds like this year's spring is even harder.  Great.  I'm probably looking at a L9-L10 at best.  Pfft.  That's the highest level I have been able to set without bracing, and I can do reps.  A true 1RM on the Vulcan is impossible for me because I cannot physically set the gripper. 

3 comments:

  1. I found using a wasp spring helped my set a lot due to it making the set harder at the same grip levels. Once you go back to a black, gold, etc. they feel much easier to set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, you make me nervous with that Vulcan come WSH. My set sucks as it is. (insert pissed smiley)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, I am working the set every way possible to get better! I think I'm good for maybe L13-L14 if the set could be sorted out. I had a breakthrough last night, maybe. I still need to make a vid for horne's site and maybe get more advice. And, uh, your 2HP numbers make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete