Sunday, August 21, 2011

STUB

25x1
30x1
35x1, x1 (PR)
30x1, x1

>>> Wow, so this thing hurts more than I remember.  I fashioned my own stub about of a piece of 1/4" x 6" CRS.  It's nothing more than a hook with the stub sticking up.

I was careful to only grab the top 3/4" or so and tilting is impossible.  My index fingers took a beating over just those 6 reps.  

Here is one interesting thing.  For the most part, it seems that people can lift more on the stub than coin.  On my two makeshift implements, I can pull more on the coin than the stub.  Makes me question how my coin numbers will transfer.  No matter!  I can train the lifts either way, and next weekend I plan to go to Adam's open gym.   


3 comments:

  1. Matt, isn't the Stub actually 8mm? Which is pretty much 5/16" vs. 1/4". Just wanted to throw it out there so that you can train on the specific diameter. Might pull more on a larger diameter stub too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that would totally make a difference! For some reason I thought it was 6mm. I will double-check World of grip.

    It's funny, though, because I JUST threw away a huge box of bent steel yesterday but saved out one red nail because I had this thought about "what if my stub is wrong." HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Confirmed, 8mm. My stub is the wrong size! Now I feel pretty good that I lifted 35lbs this way.

    ReplyDelete