Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WSH Leg 1 predictions

This is going to be perfect.  My 5/3/1 deload is next week and then Leg 1 is on Saturday.  Perfect. 

Here are my predictions for Leg 1. 

1. One Hand Vulcan Gripper - 20mm block close
>>> The setting work and experimenting I have been doing have paid off.  I managed a L12 close recently and didn't push myself to L13.  I expect a L12-L14 close at the contest.


2. Two Hands Pinch Lift
>>> Pinch is up for sure.  I recently did a bunch of singles at 156# which came up a lot easier than before Nats where I pulled 170.  Jedd's setup had an epic good grip.  Last time I pinched on Adam's it was at 48mm and I have since learned that I need to be around 56-58mm.  I will see how warm ups feel, but will try and position myself to improve on 170.  I'll probably open at 160 if I feel good, then go 170, then try and get a new PR. 

3. Half a Penny (one hand) – GripTopz
>>> Going for 40lbs.  Pulled 30lbs in May.  35 came up in training pretty easily. 

4. Shallow Hub (one hand) – GripTopz
>>> Going for 35lbs.  I have a 35lbs plate with a similar shallow wide hub and have been getting air under that. 

5. Axle deadlift.
>>> Adam will have a 5th event after the WSH events.  I am happy that it's axle because it will be an easy chance for me to improve my Nags total.  I have now pulled 280 in training and have been working deads hard.  My goal is 300. 

Overall, I would like to come out of Leg 1 in the top 10 worldwide for the 82.5kg class.  Maybe a tall order, but that's my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment