Monday, March 23, 2009

Grippahz

Grippers today. One of the best gripper workouts I've had in a while. I worked with the new handle position, farther back in my palm. I used a minimal set and everything was from CCS or wider.

HG150 x10, full range, no set
#1 x5, 2 sets, full range, no set
#2 x10, singles with overcrush
#3 x5, singles, forced in for a negative

So, here is the intersting thing. Using this handle position and a minimal set, I could take the #3 down to about 1/8" on the best rep and 1/4" otherwise. And my left is pretty even with my right. This #3 is 152lbs. I will take a video next workout if I can.

This makes me even move excited for my BBGMs. The filed adjustable BBGM will be priceless. I can set them so that I can close them and work back to my current level, but I will be closing the grippers from CCS or wider instead of parallel.

This workout made my forearms ache in a way they haven't since I first started training grippers. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment