Friday, March 13, 2009

Workout with Luke

Went to Lukes' house for a grip workout. Neither one of us were having a PR-setting night, but it was a lot of fun and we got some good lifts.

My right wrist is still sore from doing Heavy Hammer on Monday, so I think I will skip the next wrist workout at least.

We started with grippers, no news there. Then I played with the Blob50 a little. I can't believe people can lift this thing. I had trouble lifting it with two hands. Then we did a little 2HP, but it bothered my wrist, so I started working on a 5x10s pinch. I actually got it to about knee height before the plates fanned out. I was really happy with that. It was my first attempt at the lift. My left continues to be stronger on pinch.

Then we worked up to a max on the FBBC 2.5" Crusher that Luke just got. That thing is brutal. I think I got 100# off the ground. Then we swapped the handle out and kept going with Rolling Thunder. I went for a new max, but it wasn't happening at this point! As far as logging a workout:

Rolling Thunder
105# x15

I finished by doing R+P holds with 50# and increased to 60#. I had a cheat a little with the 60#. My R+P fingerpair needs to be a LOT stronger. I'm going to add these to my regular pinch workout. Overall, it was good to workout with Luke again. He's really getting FREAKISH all-around hand strength. I got some good pinch tips, workout tips, and training advice. Thanks Luke!

2 comments:

  1. team work should do the trick when u got closer to ccs the #3!

    seems like u are having fun Matt, thast the way it is!

    hight reps with the R.T are a must!

    keep up your good work
    ewokhugo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I'm enjoying the high reps on RT. I looked back in my log and I did 105# last time. Dang! 110# next time for sure. I don't know if 110# would have worked out this time anyway because we did so much before that. Later, Hugo!

    ReplyDelete