Sunday, May 15, 2011

Decathlon Results Pt 2

Here are some notes on the remaining events, 1-6 are in the previous post:

7. Middle finger deadlift on the double bastard
This lift was more fun than I thought it would be. There is blinding pain during the lift, and assuming your finger doesn't rip right off, the pain goes away shortly after the lift. Adam was the only one who had done the lift so he recommended we open at 100lbs. Chris might have opened higher. Ryan and I worked our way up to 164 by the third attempt. I tried to just sell the farm and steal third place by jumping 30lbs for the fourth attempt and I got 194. But Ryan had the last attempt and he added 5lbs to my lift. Dang! I am almost certain I could have lifted over 200 yesterday so I am going to start training this lift. Adam got a low 200 and Chris ran away with this one at 230 I think.

8. Rim lift
The lift was less fun than I thought it would be. I opened at 100 and worked up to either 140 or 150 and that felt like it was going to rip my fingers off. Ryan was right around there too, Chris took 2nd, and I think Adam lifted 200-ish for the win.

9. 2x45s for reps in 1min, two hands pinch
This was a forearm blaster. Ryan volunteered to go first with this one and he got 34 reps. I just wanted to beat him by one, but the best I could do is tie; I got 34 as well. Chris and Adam tied at 39. Chris says, "That probably just cut my medley in half." But there was a lot of rest before the medley and as you'll see, he did just fine.

10. Medley.
I will try and remember all the items and their weights and who got what. There were 29 possible points. Adam and Chris tied at 28, Ryan got 19.5, and I got 15:

80-ish 1" v-bar >>> Everyone
45 hub >>> Chris and Adam.
90-ish 2" v-bar >>> Everyone
13# rear sledge lever >>> Adam, Chris, Ryan
8# front sledge lever >>> Everyone. I was surprised to get this.
25-ish pound steel disk pinch >>> Everyone
40-ish pound steel disk pinch >>> Everyone
72.5# 1HP >>> Chris and Adam
10lbs hub >>> Everyone
25lbs hub >>> Everyone
100# thick handle dumbbell >>> Adam, Chris
180 Rolling thunder >>> Adam, Chris
2x35s pinch >>> Adam, Chris. This the last item I tried and I TOTALLY ripped both my thumbs. Very nasty tears. These will take a while to heal.
30# GripTopz stub >>> Everyone.
47.5 Blob >>> Adam, Chris
Legacy 50 blob >>> Adam, Chris.
Blob50 >>> Adam, Chris
Wrist Developer at some setting >>> Adam, Chris, Ryan. I missed this.
Dinnie Rings lift, I think 400# >>> Everyone
Light Blob trainer >>> Everyone
35# block weight >>> Everyone
smaller block weight >>> Everyone
thin 25# plate curl >>> Everyone
33# plate curl (fatter and smaller diameter) >>> Everyone, I was surprised to get this one too. I had to grunt it out.
33# plate curl (thinner and bigger diameter) >>> This was Chris's only miss. Adam got this one.
small kettlebell by the bottom >>> Everyone
larger kettlebell by the bottom >>> Chris got this one, but Adam missed.
56lb kettlebell bottoms-up lift >>> Adam, Chris, Ryan
Deadlift two 3" dumbbells with 105# on each >>> Adam, Chris. I think Ryan got 1/2pt for lift one alone.

Again I want to thank these guys. I sure got pumped up for this. I hit some huge PRs and I'm sure half of that was because they were cheering me on!

2 comments: