Saturday, May 7, 2011

RUN!

Run 2 miles.

>>> I killed my goal for this run.  Last time it took me 16:20 to run two miles and that was with some walking between the two miles. 

This time I ran the whole way and finished in 15:33!  I am really happy with that.  It was certainly difficult for me--because of lungs conditioning and not so much legs.  In fact after I finished and walked a little I did feel like I could run more. 

So next time I think I will add the third mile.  I've already mapped the trail by my house with http://www.mapmyrun.com/.  There is a perfect turnaround that is about 1.6 miles out.  So there and back would be just longer than a 5k.  I'll simply try and set a pace for that distance.

I think my goal is within reach--run a 5k in under 25mins.  With just a little more conditioning, I don't think three eight minute miles is a stretch.   

No comments:

Post a Comment