Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Training thoughts.

I have some post-contest thoughts about my training. 

My impression in general is that having good pinch strength primarily, and then good thick bar strength secondarily will serve you well.  So I think this should be my focus between now and Nationals---and maybe for the rest of the year at least.  Wrist strength is another weakness of mine, but as it relates to a contest setting it seems like as much a novelty as grippers.

If I think about the places I could have done better in the contest:
1) Medley - Of the 14 items that I missed, 7 were pinch-related, 3 were thick-bar. 
2) 2HP - I think I need to be around 180 to record a competitive lift.
3) Axle Deads - thick bar work required.
4) 2" V-bar - seems like thick bar would have good carry over.

So the challenge for me will be figuring out how to properly train these effectively.  I'm not good with training theory.  What I do know is HARD WORK, so I'll start there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment