Sunday, May 15, 2011

Decathlon Results

Overall I placed 4th in the Advanced Class. I am EXTREMELY happy with my performance. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe my scores would have won the Open Class had I competed there, but I don't think I would have recorded the lifts that I did if I hadn't been pushed by Ryan, Chris, and Adam. Fourth, a.k.a. last, was a huge victory for me in the Advanced Class. Here are some notes on each event. I apologize again that I don't have the scores in front of me so this is all from memory right now.

1. Grippers
I took 3rd with a 149 #3 close, which I absolutely killed. I had two misses with a 154 GM, the second was razor thin. Grippers was the only even all day where I am disappointed with my performance. I should have got that 154. Oh well, cause I didn't see 3rd place many other times. Adam and Chris both got a 179 Elite. Ryan got 142.

2. 2HP
Great set-up, plates were seasoned, very grippy. I opened at 142, got 152 and then missed 162. I got 162 off the ground and lost it on the way up. Almost! I really wanted the bodyweight lift. Ryan tied me at 152 and I think Chris went high 180s and Adam just over 200-something.

3. Double Overhand Axle
This was a solid, smooth bar. But the grip was definitely better than my black iron pipe. I didn't think this was a good lift for me and I have not trained it much. But I pulled a 50# PR! 200 was my best in training. I got 250 today. I opened way low--160, then 190, then 225, then 250. All pretty easy lifts. I definitely could have gone higher, but at the time I was out of attempts and didn't want to press my luck with injury since I'm not too experienced at this lift. This alone could have cost me 3rd place. Ryan pulled 285 to my 250. Good points for him. Chris pulled high 300-something and Adam had a sick lift at 403 or thereabouts.

4. 2" V-bar
Another 3rd place for me. I opened at 205 and then got 215. Ryan got the 205 but then jumped to 225 I think and stalled out. So he was stuck with his opener. The grip on the bar was good, but it turns out easier than my homemade bar. That tripped me up so I didn't take a 3rd attempt because it bothered my wrist. I was happy with 215! I don't remember Adam and Chris's numbers.

5. GripTopz Coin Lift
This was my best showing all day. I tied Chris for 2nd place with a 30# lift. I think Ryan lifted 25 and Adam won with 37.5. Fun lift.

6. One-hand dead lift, plateau buster
The implement was made by Ryan at Stronger Grip. It was kind of a suitcase handle with horizontal bars hanging below for weight. Lots of weight. I had no idea on this one so I took recommendations from Adam. I can't remember where I started, but I ended just over 300. Ryan was right in the same place. Chris lifted 400-something and Adam cleared 500 lbs. Not a typo. I think he lifted 550-ish. Insane.

Again, some of the numbers I can't remember exactly and hopefully the results will get posted on Adam's blog or elsewhere.

I'll type more on the last four events when I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment